Jobst Heinrich Thomasmeyer
- Born: 12 Mar 1809, Essen, Wittlage, Ems Supérieur, French Republic
- Christened: 19 Mar 1809, St. Nikolai Church, Essen, Wittlage, Ems Supérieur, French Republic
- Marriage (1): Anna Marie Christine Dorothea Louise Meyer on 25 Oct 1838 in Essen, Wittlage, K. of Hannover, Germany
- Partnership (2): Marie Eleonore Stein
- Marriage (3): Louise Regina Meyer
- Died: 14 Nov 1864, Quincy, Adams Co., Illinois at age 55
Jobst was the first child born to the family after Napoleon's invasion of 1806.
According to Evangelische Parish Registers, in 1831, he fathered an illegitimate daughter. At the time, he was listed a soldier.
Jobst, or John, died from smallpox within a few months of arriving in the U.S., presumably from his exposure on the ship. From the emigration papers (see research notes) it would appear that he left, along with his wife, on 12 March 1857.
Jobst married Anna Marie Christine Dorothea Louise Meyer, daughter of Johann Heinrich Meyer and Anne Marie Gerturd Westerfeldt, on 25 Oct 1838 in Essen, Wittlage, K. of Hannover, Germany. (Anna Marie Christine Dorothea Louise Meyer was born on 18 Apr 1814 in Eielstädt, Wittlage, French Republic, christened in St. Nikolai Church, Essen, Wittlage, Ems Supérieur, French Republic and died on 5 May 1873 in Quincy, Adams Co., Illinois.)
Jobst had a relationship with Marie Eleonore Stein. (Marie Eleonore Stein was born about 1812 in Prussia.)
Jobst next had a relationship with Louise Regina Meyer. (Louise Regina Meyer was born about 1814 in Prussia.)