Sophia Dorothea of Hanover
- Born: 16 Mar 1687, Kingdom of Hannover, Prussia
- Marriage: King Friedrich Wilhelm I Hohenzollern of Prussia
- Died: 28 Jun 1757, Monbijou Palace, Berlin, Brandenburg, Prussia at age 70
Sophia Charlotte of Hanover (16 March 1687\endash 28 June 1757) was a member of the British Royal Family, only daughter of George I. She was, between 1713 and 1740, Queen consort in Prussia.
Duchess Sophia Dorothea of Brunswick-Lüneburg was born, on 16 March 1687, in Hanover. She was the only daughter of Georg Ludwig of Brunswick-Lüneburg and Sophia Dorothea of Celle.
When her father's territory designation changed to include Hanover, she became styled HSH Princess Sophia Dorothea of Hanover.
Sophia married her cousin, Crown Prince Frederick William of Prussia, heir-apparent to the Prussian throne, on November 28, 1706, and became styled HRH The Crown Princess of Prussia.
In 1713, upon her husband's ascension to the throne, she became Queen consort, and was styled as HM The Queen in Prussia
When her husband died, and her son, Crown Prince Frederick ascended as Frederick II of Prussia, Sophia became Queen Mother, and was styled HM Queen Sophia in Prussia.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
* 16 March 1687-October 1692: Her Serene Highness Duchess Sophia Dorothea of Brunswick-Lüneburg
* October 1692-1706: Her Serene Highness Princess Sophia Dorothea of Hanover
* 1706-1713: Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess of Prussia
* 1713-31 May 1740: Her Majesty The Queen in Prussia
* 31 May 1740-28 June 1757: Her Majesty Queen Sophia in Prussia
Sophia married King Friedrich Wilhelm I Hohenzollern of Prussia, son of First King of Prussia Friedrich I Hohenzollern Elector of Brandenburg and Sophia Charlotte of Hanover. (King Friedrich Wilhelm I Hohenzollern of Prussia was born on 14 Aug 1688 in Berlin, Brandenburg, Prussia, died on 31 May 1740 in Berlin, Brandenburg, Prussia and was buried in Sanssouci, Potsdam, Brandenburg, Prussia.)