- Born: 2 Aug 1455, Ansbach, Prussia
- Marriage: Margarethe of Thuringia on 15 Aug 1476 in Berlin, Brandenburg, Prussia
- Died: 9 Jan 1499, Castle Arneburg, Stendal, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany at age 43
Johann Cicero was a Prince-elector of the Margraviate of Brandenburg (1486-1499). After his death he received the cognomen Cicero, after the Roman orator Cicero, but the elector's eloquence and interest in the arts is doubtful.
John Cicero was the son of Albert Achilles and Margaret of Baden, and was of the House of Hohenzollern. He was born in Ansbach in Franconia and died at Castle Arneburg.
Family and children
On 25 August 1476 in Berlin he married Margaret of Thuringia, daughter of William III and Anne of Luxembourg. John Cicero's children were:
1. Wolfgang, born and died 1482.
2. Joachim Nestor (21 February 1484\endash 11 July 1535), Elector of Brandenburg.
3. Elisabeth, born and died 1486.
4. Albert (1490, Berlin\endash 24 September 1545, Mainz), Cardinal since 1518, Archbishop of Magdeburg in 1513-14, Archbishop of Mainz in 1514-45.
5. Anna (27 August 1487, Berlin\endash 3 May 1514, Kiel), married 10 April 1502 to King Frederick I of Denmark.
6. Ursula (17 October 1488\endash 18 September 1510, Güstrow), married 16 February 1507 to Duke Heinrich V of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
Johann married Margarethe of Thuringia on 15 Aug 1476 in Berlin, Brandenburg, Prussia. (Margarethe of Thuringia was born in 1449 in Weimar, Thüringen, Germany and died on 13 Jul 1501 in Spandau, Germany.)